How to Make Salt Dough Ornaments
Salt Dough Recipe for Ornaments
Salt dough is a long-lasting modeling dough that is inexpensive and easy to create. It’s fun for the kids to make and play with and there’s not much cleanup involved. For this salt dough Christmas ornaments, the salt dough is an ideal medium with its design ideas limited only by your imagination. Also, this is a salt dough ornaments no bake recipe so you don’t need to have an oven!
Recipe for Salt Dough Ornaments
Try these tips on how to make easy no bake salt dough ornaments.
Ingredients to make the salt dough:
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of water, approximately
- Cinnamon for scent (for making cinnamon salt dough ornaments)
Instructions to make the ornaments:
1. Combine the flour, sugar, salt ,and water in a bowl. If it doesn’t form a dough consistency after mixing, add more water little by little until it does.
2. Add cinnamon to give it a Christmas scent.
3. Roll the dough out flat, with a 1/4 to 1/2 thickness.
4. Use Christmas cutouts to make Christmas shapes.
5. Put a small hole in the top of the ornament 1/2 to 3/4 inches from the top.
7. Paint them with frosting.
8. Put a ribbon through the hole, making sure you have a big enough loop to go around the branches of your tree.
9. Cut the ribbon and tie a knot at the top.
10. Leave to dry for at least 24 hours.
11. Finally, you can place the ornaments on your Christmas tree or around your home for decoration.
- If they break, do not attempt to glue the ornament back together; it will just make it worse. Throw it away and make a new one.
- Make sure to prepare the dough quickly, else it may harden.
- Do not eat this; it’ not cookie dough.