Chocolate Almond Toffee Bark
Almond Toffee Bark is so simple to make and such a delicious treat. It goes over amazingly as a gift and can be packaged in tins or ribbon to make it a simply amazing treat. Here’s a recipe on how to make Almond Toffee Bark at home. Hope you enjoy it!
Chocolate Toffee Almond Bark Recipe
Recipe for Almond Toffee Bark*
3 cups Sliced Almonds
1 stick Unsalted Butter
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1/3 cup Water
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 teaspoon Salt
6 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a large baking sheet.
2. Spread almonds evenly over a separate baking sheet and toast in the middle of the oven, stirring nuts halfway through toasting until golden, about 10 minutes.
3. In a 3-quart heavy saucepan, bring butter, sugar, water, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt to a boil over moderate heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Boil mixture, without stirring, swirling pan occasionally until deep golden, about 12 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in 2/3 of the toasted almonds.
4. Immediately pour toffee onto greased baking sheet and, with an offset spatula, spread into a thin layer. Carefully transfer baking sheet (it will be very hot) to a rack and cool toffee.
5. Chop chocolate. In a double boiler or small metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, melt chocolate, stirring until smooth. Put chocolate over cooled toffee and evenly spread with offset spatula.
6. Sprinkle toffee with remaining almonds.
7. Chill toffee uncovered until firm, about 1 hour.
6. Break toffee into 2-inch pieces of “bark.” Bark keeps layered between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container at cool room temperature or chilled, 1 week.
Yield: Rougly 36 pieces.