Recipe for Roasted Cauliflower
This roasted cauliflower recipe is super easy and a favorite side dish in many families. When vegetables are roasted, a great flavor results with a nice tender inside remaining.
This roasted cauliflower recipe has an optional butter coating as a final step which makes it extra flavorful for special occasions. Serve immediately after roasting, or toss in butter and serve. It just depends on your taste.
Parmesan cheese is another delicious option. We like to simply roast when we are having this at home with a regular dinner, but when company comes over we add the butter and Parmesan steps to make it extra delish!
Cauliflower Roasted Recipe
You’ll love this quick and easy roasted cauliflower recipe!
- 6 cups of cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Coarse sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons butter (optional and preferably grass fed butter)
- 1/2 Fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, toss cauliflower in oil, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and pepper.
3. Spread cauliflower evenly in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast cauliflower in 400 degree oven until softened and lightly browned, roughly 20 to 25 minutes. Stir occasionally for even roasting. After 20 minutes, test with a fork for desired tenderness.
Optional roasted cauliflower yummy-ness: After cauliflower is roasted, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook butter about 3 minutes or until butter turns a light brown color. In a bowl, combine roasted cauliflower and browned butter. Toss to coat.
Optional: Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Cook’s Note: You can vary the amount of cheese, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.