Recipe: Green Tea Banana Smoothie
Banana Green Tea Smoothie
Delicious, easy, and very healthy, this green tea banana smoothie is a perfect addition to a morning routine or afternoon snack! Substitute this amazing drink for less healthy snacks you might otherwise munch on. Even your kids will love it. (If you do make this for the kids, use a decaf green tea instead.)
The recipe equals one serving. Simply double, triple, or quadruple for more people!
Green Tea Banana Smoothie
1 green tea bag or 1 tsp matcha green tea powder (for matcha green tea banana smoothie)
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 small, ripe banana, mashed (about 1/2 a cup)
- 1/2 cup ice, crushed
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- Sugar, honey, or preferred syrup to sweeten to taste
- Brew the green tea in hot water. Make it to the strength you want, then refrigerate the brewed tea for half an hour.
- Place banana, ice, ginger, orange juice, and cooled green tea into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the sweetener to taste.
- Pour into a glass, serve immediately, and enjoy!