Have you ever asked yourself what it means to be fulfilled? Do you know how to live a fulfilling life? According to the Wordbook Dictionary, life fulfillment definition–or simply feeling “fulfilled”–means to be “completed to perfection.” When you reach the state of fulfillment, there is literally nothing more you want or could ask for. You believe you have everything that sustains you physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
To achieve fulfillment in life or gain a life of happiness and fulfillment, practice these steps or strategies to increase your feelings of fulfillment:
7 Ways to Find Life Fulfillment
Recognize that how you want your life to be is more important than anyone else’s ideas, dreams, or advice for your future.
What do you say to yourself? Your thoughts and feelings matter greatly.
2. Find a way to get paid for doing what makes you happy.
Because work is one-third or more of your life, loving your work is integral to living a fulfilled existence.
Refrain from worrying about what others think of your job.
- If your career piques your interest, gets you excited, imparts new knowledge, and builds your self-confidence, you have a winner.
- In the event you feel you’ve gone a bit stale on your job, ask yourself, what do you love to do? Work with numbers? Paint a picture? Write children’s stories? When you think about it, you might be able to develop an income stream from doing those things.
3. Investigate your options.
When a chance to make life-changing decisions comes your way, how do you handle it? A thorough review of each option will help you imagine how you’ll be affected if you choose that avenue.
- Make it a point to examine options that can open up your life in ways you have yet to consider. This is your chance to discover how to move closer toward personal success and a life that is more enriching than you ever dreamed of.
4. If you require more education or training, do it without hesitation.
Many let their age get in the way of additional knowledge-building or say they lack the time necessary. But if you want fulfillment, it’s important to move forward in ways that deliver what you really want to achieve in life. So go ahead and take that course, training, or skill-building seminar.
5. Choose positivity.
Make a conscious decision as soon as you wake up to have a positive attitude, and make today your best day ever.
- You get to decide how you’ll handle the disaster of the moment. Will you lose your edge or carry through to the best resolution possible?
6. Treat others how you’d like to be treated.
One of the most challenging things about life is to realize what goes around comes around. If you consistently look for the good in others, ignore the less-than-positive in them and send out empathy and respect, the rewards you receive back will be great.
7. Find a role model.
It can be incredibly life-enhancing to discover an individual that behaves in ways you honor and respect.
- People like Nelson Mandela, Joseph Campbell, and the Dalai Lama can provide you with a wonderful personal pathway to follow.
- However, maybe your grandfather, Aunt Mary, or a neighbor who has more love for others than you can imagine, also provide beautiful examples of the person you want to be.
- Whatever the case, having an image in your mind of someone you believe is living in a way that you admire and respect provides a direction for you to work towards.
Applying these methods will help you create a life that pleases you.
Your life is an adventure that you can live with intention, a penchant for discovery, and challenge.
Make each day count, starting now. Your fulfilling life awaits you.