Lemon Pie Gluten Free!
You will be loved by all with this amazingly delicious Gluten Free Lemon Pie! It’s not a “healthy” recipe – no, not by any means, but it is listed on Health Positive because it is a gluten free alternative.
You will make mouths water before they even take a taste when you tell them that the crust is homemade with their favorite childhood cookie, only gluten free: Nilla Wafers.
Delicious, refreshing and unique, enjoy our Lemon Pie Recipe…
Gluten Free Lemon Pie Recipe
- 1 2/3 cups Home Free Vanilla Cookie crumbled OR comparable gluten free cookie crumbs OR gluten free pie crust
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3.4 ounce pkg. lemon instant pudding mix
- 2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 4 Tbsp raspberry preserves (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream (optional)
How to Make:
1. To make the crust: Stir together cookie crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press into bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie-plate or tart. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes; remove to wire rack and cool completely.
2. Beat cream cheese, condensed milk and powdered sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Add pudding mix, lemon rind, and lemon juice. Beat until blended.
Layering Option – Pour just half the lemon mixture into the plate. Stir raspberry preserves by itself to loosen and make softer. Then gently stir the raspberries into the preserves, being careful not to stir too much breaking the raspberries any more than necessary. Spread raspberry mixture over lemon mixture. Spread remaining lemon mixture over raspberry mixture. Cover and chill in fridge until set.
Non-Layering Option – Spread the lemon mixture into the prepared pie crust. Top with raspberry mixture. Stir raspberry preserves by itself to loosen and make softer. Then gently stir the raspberries into the preserves, being careful not to stir too much breaking the raspberries any more than necessary. Cover and chill in the fridge until set.
*Note, you could also do this without layering the lemon mixture and simply pouring all the lemon mixture into the pie plate and then topping with the raspberry mixture. Cover and chill in fridge until set.
Non-Layering, No Preserves – Spread the lemon mixture into the prepared gluten free pie crust. Top with fresh raspberries. Cover and chill in fridge until set.
Whipped Cream Option – Beat whipping cream with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spread atop pie.
3. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!