Simple Daily Exercises to Stay Fit
Obesity and stress levels are at an all time high. Because of this, health concerns are becoming a huge priority in people’s lives. Exercise is one thing that can help you get energized for a busy lifestyle. It helps relieve stress, aids at sleeping better, and keeps you free from any health concerns, while also boosting confidence, too! Below are easy exercises to do at home to lose weight, to be healthier each day, and to make you feel better anywhere!
No More Excuses Now!
It’s a great thing our body is the way it is. Because of this, there are many simple exercises you can do at home or anywhere, any time. All we need are a few makeshift weights already lying around the house, or use even just the weight of your body!
When exercising, first, get a good body warm-up then finish off, too, with a slow cool-down. This is easy to do wherever you are, and remember, it’s important to prevent injury. Walking works great as both warm-up and cool-down exercises.
Simple Exercises to Do at Home – Or Virtually Anywhere!
Here are 5 simple exercises you can do anywhere (aside from the warm up and cool-down):
To do this, sit on the edge of a chair or bench with your hands next to your thighs. Next, lift your body out just in front of the chair, with your feet flat on the floor and your knees bent. Finally, lower yourself down so your elbows bend no more than 90 degrees, and then push yourself back up.
- Notes: Start off with a few small sets and build up from there.
- Straightening your legs increases the workout.
- Warning: Avoid this exercise if you have wrist or shoulder issues.
So, everyone knows the standard push-up position; let’s try some things to change it up a bit.
- Tips: You can do push-ups with your hands wider than your shoulder width to get more of a shoulder and chest workout.
- Also, if you bring your hands together into a diamond shape near the center of your chest you will work more of the triceps and shoulders.
- Working half push-ups – either going only half way down and then back up, or starting from the floor and only pushing up half way and then going back down – will help intensify your push-up workout.
Like sit-ups, crunches are great for your abs as long as you do them correctly. Done incorrectly, they can put undue stress on your neck and back. To avoid any injury, make sure to use the correct techniques.
- Note: The biggest risk with this is if you jerk your neck to give you the force to crunch. While doing crunches, keep your hands behind your head and your elbows back while using your stomach muscles to lift your head and chin towards the ceiling.
- Once you have mastered this technique, try lifting your legs off the ground, or assuming a bicycle position with one leg bent and the other straight off of the ground.
4. Body Squats
Body weight squats are a great exercise you can do anywhere and a fantastic way to learn proper exercise technique. Start off your squat workouts by lowering yourself only a foot or so. Then, work up to deeper squats as your muscles become accustomed to the workout.
- Note: If you’re feeling a bit advanced and in need of a more intense workout, grab two 2-liter bottles filled with sand then try performing squats while holding one in each hand.
5. Calf Raises
Calf raise exercises can be done wherever there is a raised surface, such as a stairway. If you need balance, hold onto the railing. Facing the stairs, stand with only your toes on the stair and your feet extending out past it. Next, standing straight up, lower your body down below the level of the stair and then back up onto your toes.
- Note: Even though it seems as if this is an ankle exercise, it also works out your calf muscles effectively.
- The biggest emphasis on this exercise is the ability to go from an extreme negative position with your ankles below toes to an extreme positive position, ankle fully raised.
With these five exercises, you can have a full body workout at home or anywhere. Remember to pay attention to your body and take it easy at first. Soreness is a good thing, but constant pain means you need to stop. Try these simple exercises out today and feel the healthy difference of fitness on the run.