Recipe for Stuffed Chicken Breast
This stuffed chicken recipe is not nearly as difficult as it looks and insanely, amazingly delicious. When I made this for my family, they said it was the best meal they had ever had! I took that as both a compliment and not – lol! Even the little ones loved it. I adapted this recipe from a stuffed chicken breast recipe I saw on fortheloveofcooking.com.
This is an impressive stuffed chicken recipe that will make you look like a gourmet. If you want to make some mouths happy for dinner tonight, look no further. This healthy baked stuffed chicken recipe will do the trick.
Stuffed Chicken Recipe:
- 1 cup of low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Dash of oregano
- 4 chicken breasts or 8 thin chicken breasts
- Panko crumbs, salted with sea salt, to taste
- Olive oil and butter for pan searing
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix the following ingredients until thoroughly combined: ricotta, feta, Parmesan cheese, chopped spinach, diced tomatoes, basil, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper. Before adding the tomatoes, squeeze them to remove extra juice and seeds.
3. If you are using traditional chicken breasts, cut a long horizontal slit along the center of the thin edge of the chicken breast to form a pocket or an envelope. Fill the cavity of the chicken breast with the mixture. Roll the the stuffed chicken breasts in the panko breadcrumbs until the breast is evenly covered all around. Seal the open edge together with toothpicks.
(If you are using thin chicken breasts, place some of the mixture in the center of the breast and then roll the free edges up to close the chicken. Dip the the stuffed chicken breasts in the panko breadcrumbs until the breast is evenly covered all around. Close the breast together with toothpicks.)
4. Heat a generous amount of equal parts olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium to medium high heat. Place the breaded chicken breasts in a pan after the oil is hot and cook on each side until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
5. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until done, whichever comes first.
You can vary the amount of butter, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. You can also prepare this gluten free by simply substituting gluten free breadcrumbs for panko.
Loved this Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe? Pin it!