Would you like to feel closer to your partner? When you open your mind to the idea of having a more meaningful love relationship, you can experience some amazing things together and build a love that’s strong and ever-lasting.
Imagine what it would mean to you to know you’re forging a solid base with the love of your life.
Follow these tips to show your love and strengthen your connection:
1. Listen well.
When you’ve been in a relationship for a while, you might tend toward occasionally tuning out your partner. Staying focused and listening when your lover is sharing something is one of the best ways to enhance your closeness.
- When your partner starts talking, stop what you’re doing, turn toward them, make eye contact, and listen.
- Be fully present.
Show that you hear your partner by saying things like, “Uh-huh,” “Yes,” “I didn’t know that,” or “I hear what you’re saying.”
3. Pay attention.
From your partner’s facial expression, how do you think they might be feeling? Do their shoulders seem to be sagging a bit today? What things make your partner smile, or even laugh out loud? Simply by observing, you can learn a lot.
4. Plan special time together each day.
Let your partner know you love them by designating time daily to do something together. Eating dinner at the table is likely a common occurrence, but you could also play some cards after dinner or do some other activity together that you enjoy, even just sitting together and talking.
- Maybe you share a love of the outdoors. Taking a walk is a great way to spend a half-hour or more talking and holding hands each day.
- During these shared times, make an effort to talk about things you want to do and your dreams for the future.
5. Make quick contact, even when you’re busy.
Although you are both busy, making quick contacts through the day can be great for your relationship. There are a myriad of ways to stay in touch.
- You can make a quick phone call, send a funny or sexy text, or send an e-mail just to say, “Hi,” during your breaks.
- Note: If you are employed by someone else, take care to follow your company’s rules regarding personal use of phones and e-mails when contacting your partner during the work day.
6. Brag about your partner.
Nothing enhances your connection more than hearing the love of your life telling others how you do something well. So, take the opportunity to share out loud your love’s strong points from time-to-time.
- Talk about how they spiffed up your car or cooked your favorite meal. You can mention how your spouse has a knack for decorating your home or calming the kids.
- Whatever it is that they do that you love, this can be so uplifting for them for them to hear you tell others.
7. Plan a secret getaway.
What if you were to plan an overnight trip to take your art-loving partner to see that new art museum that’s a couple of hours away? Or to stay at a beach cottage for an extended weekend to celebrate their birthday? It’s a great idea to getaway a few times a year if you can. Time away from your regular routine can really enhance the relationship and make memories.
You hold the keys to creating the most intense and loving relationship you’ve ever had. Put these strategies into action now to help build an everlasting bond with the one you love.