GLUTEN Free Bread Recipe
You will fall in love with this recipe for Grain-Free Flatbread! Note, this isn’t necessarily a healthy recipe, rather it is featured because it is a grain free alternative to regular bread.
Why grain free? Because grains are known to be aggravating to the digestive system. Anyone with health issues might want to consider eliminating grains from their diet. For more information see, Against All Grain, written by Danielle Walker, a woman who cured herself of ulcerative colitis by eliminating grains from her diet.
You can make this grain free bread and serve it with red sauce or olive oil. It is a great accompaniment to a meal and works beautifully as an appetizer too.
Here is the grain free bread recipe yielding two flatbreads. (You can cut it in half to make just one or double it to make four at one time.)
Gluten Free Flatbread Recipe
*Recipe for Grain Free Flatbread:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or ghee (use coconut oil to make this recipe both grain free and dairy free)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (from the can after shaking)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary or finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Garlic powder or fresh garlic to taste (less is more)
1. Preheat oven to 450° Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, tapioca flour, and salt.
3. In a small saucepan, combine coconut oil (or ghee) and coconut milk and heat it up until it’s just warm and integrated and any solid particles of the coconut oil are melted. Do not overheat and do not boil.
4. Pour heated oil mixture on top of dry ingredient mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Put the mixture into the fridge to allow it to cool slightly. While the mixture is cooling, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Remove mixture from fridge and add beaten eggs. Combine thoroughly.
7. Pour 1/2 of mixture onto each baking sheet. Flatten mixture into 1/4 inch thick flatbread shape using a spatula.
8. Sprinkle with rosemary and garlic (or any other seasonings you desire).
9. Bake in 450° oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
This flatbread recipe is best eaten within a few hours after baking, but it can store overnight. If you store it overnight, it does taste best to toast it slightly before eating.
What do you think?