Caffeine-Free Tips for Increasing Your Energy
Ways to Increase Your Energy
It’s no secret that we have severe schedules these days. Between juggling work and family, it’s no wonder that your energy levels are low. Increasing your energy could be a real challenge. But though most people resort to caffeine to remedy their lack of energy, there are viable alternatives that are much healthier.
Use these strategies to boost your energy without having to step into a coffee shop…
How to Increase Your Energy Levels Naturally
(*Some tips/ ways on how to increase your energy naturally. How to increase your energy the right way:)
When you need a fast energy boost, exercise is the best fix. Take a brisk walk or hop on an elliptical machine. The energy boosting effects are nearly instant and can last up to two hours. Doing even just one minute of jumping jacks in place can give you a boost!
- Exercise increases your alertness and level of endorphins. Endorphins are known mood boosters so, you’ll have more brainpower to completing your paper; you’ll also be happy to do it!
- A great resource on the subject of exercise, energy, and mental alertness is the book Spark. Check it out!
2. Maintain a regular sleep schedule.
Another great tip on how to increase your energy level is to maintain a regular sleep schedule to ensure your body gets enough rest to function efficiently.
- A lack of sleep has can cause early physical signs of aging such as hyper-pigmentation on eyelids, puffy under-eye circles, and wrinkles.
- It also literally makes you age prematurely at the cellular level!
3. Indulge in a power nap.
A 15- to 20-minute power nap can provide you with an instant boost of energy. If you don’t have a half hour to spare, a 10 or 15-minute snooze may provide you enough energy to power you through the rest of your day.
- You may be tempted to just forge on through your tight deadlines instead of taking a nap, however after arising from your power nap, productivity increases from the rest you’ve given yourself, and you’d be able to accomplish double the results you would attain if you were to keep working without a break.
- In addition to immediately boosting your energy levels, power napping also increases your ability to retain information.
4. Minimize the junk.
Avoid unhealthy foods that are laden with fat, sugar, and preservatives. These foods widen your waistline and make you feel groggy after each meal as well as tired in general throughout the day.
- Maintain a balanced diet. It’s okay to indulge in something sweet every now and then, but eating microwavable macaroni and cheese and cinnamon buns every night adversely affects your energy and work performance.
5. Eat often.
Many people find that eating small meals throughout the day keeps both their metabolism and energy functioning at optimum capacity. This is much better than eating 3 huge meals which tend to make you feel sluggish.
- Avoid skipping meals.
- Carry healthy snacks with you always!
- Eating heavy meals can deplete your energy fast so eat small meals.
6. Smell peppermint.
Peppermint has a strong, refreshing scent that can wake up even the drowsiest person. Peppermint candles, peppermint oil, or peppermint scented air freshener sprayed throughout your work area has the power to invigorate the senses.
Combine several of these tips to supercharge your energy level in a very short time. Say goodbye to the days of coffee highs and crashes. The small changes you make today can make a huge difference in how you feel plus boost your performance at work too. Increase your energy levels the healthier way!