Recipe for Asparagus with Nuts
Tender, but not overcooked asparagus is often a fine art. The final touch is pine nuts, or other chopped nuts of your choice, sprinkled on top. Just a little goes a long way.
This is an easy side dish to make but looks and tastes gourmet and is incredibly healthy!
Asparagus with (Pine) Nuts Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped nuts such as pine nuts, almonds, cashews or pecans
1. Cut the ends of the asparagus stems.
2. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan. Add the red wine vinegar and asparagus and sauté covered for about 5 minutes, stirring a couple times throughout. When the asparagus starts to brown slightly it’s ready.
3. Season it with salt and pepper and topped with chopped nuts – pine nuts, cashews, or other nuts.
Enjoy your healthy dish!