Caught up in the modern world of go, go, go – we often forget about our immune systems, until we break down and get sick. Keeping a healthy immune system doesn’t have to take up a lot of time. Here are seven simple and quick things you can do to keep your immune system working properly.
1. One of the best ways to stave off a cold is getting enough rest. The recommended amount of sleep per person can vary, but getting at least 7 to 8 hours a night will keep your immune system stronger.
2. Taking a daily vitamin supplement, including a probiotic, can help to boost your immune system by providing the nutrients needed to function properly. Make sure the supplement you chose has a good amount of vitamin C and vitamin D. These are two especially important vitamins to your immune system.
3. Adding a 15 to 30 minute workout routine to your daily schedule can do wonders for your immune system. Even taking the stairs instead of the elevator can help you’re immune system to be strong.
4. Eating healthy well rounded meals is one of the biggest things one can do to quickly boost their immune system. Eating a balanced diet of fruits and vegetables with some lean meats will help to keep your immune system running in tip top shape. Stay away from fast food this is a quick way to destroy an otherwise healthy immune system.
5. Think positive! Yes, this might seem like a strange way to boost your immune system but studies have shown that positive-thinking people get less sick.
6. Nothing could be a more simple way to boost your immune system than simply washing your hands before and after you eat or go to the restroom. Keeping those harmful germs for getting in our bodies will keep our immune systems healthy and strong.
7. Similar to number 6 above, avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes as these are common ways that germs enter our systems.
If you follow these simple quick ways to help boost your immune system you will be ahead of the game. Keeping yourself from getting sick will not feel better, but saves you money as well; with fewer trips to the doctor and less down time at work. Try and see if you can fit all seven into your life today, your immune system will be glad you did.